The Consulate Section of the Embassy provides two types of services: (I) attesting a Birth Certificate (original and/or translation), and (II) Issuing a Birth Certificate.
I. Attestation of a Birth Certificate
- • THE CONSULATE SECTION OF THE EMBASSY attests the following for Afghan nationals:
- 1. Afghan Nationals Born in Afghanistan
- • The Consulate Section of the Embassy attests the original or translation of a Birth Certificate issued by Hospitals in National Statistics and Information Authority - NSIA (اداره ملی احصائیه و معلومات) provided that the Birth Certificate was attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan. Consulate Section of the Embassy will NOT charge for this service.
- 2. Afghan Nationals Born Outside Afghanistan
- The Consulate Section of the Embassy will attest:
- a) The original or translation of a Birth Certificate issued and attested by the Spanish authorities. The fee for this service is €10.EURO.
b) The original or translation of the Birth Certificate issued in a third country and attested by the Embassy/Consulate General/High Commission of applicant’s country of birth. The fee for this service is €10.EURO.
c) The original or translation of the Birth Certificate issued in a third country and attested by the Embassy/Consulate General of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in that country where the Birth Certificate was issued. The fee for this service is €10.EURO.
- Attesting a Birth Certificate:
- For attesting a Birth Certificate, please read the following information and instructions carefully:
- By Appointment: can be scheduled online through this link.
- By Post: All required documents can be sent to the Consular Section of the Embassy by post. Please include an Express/Registered return self-addressed envelope along with the required documents.
- Required Documents:
- a) Request letter. the applicant should write a request letter addressed to this Consular Section of the Embassy and outline the services needed (i.e. attestation of the original Birth Certificate, attestation of the translation of a Birth Certificate or both), personal details, address and contact number.
b) Original Birth Certificate and/or originals of its translation.
c) Copy of Birth Certificate and/or copy of its translation.
d) Copy of Residence Permit. An applicant should make a copy of his/her Spanish Residence Permit.
e) Express/Registered self-addressed envelope. An Express/Registered self-addressed return envelope MUST be included in the postal package. Without this, the Embassy will NOT be able to send you back the attested Birth Certificate.
- Fee: Consular Section will charge €10.EURO for one Birth Certificate attestation, payable by EFTPOS at the Consulate General using debit or credit cards.
- The Consular Section does NOT accept cash under any circumstances.
- a) Once the Consular Section of the Embassy receives the package by post, it will be processed within 1 week provided that the required documents are complete.
b) The Consular Section of the Embassy will send back the attested Birth Certificate to the applicant using the Express/Registered self-addressed envelope.
II. Issuance of a Birth Certificate
- In exceptional cases the Consular Section of the Embassy will issue a Birth Certificate on the basis of Applicant’s National Identity Card (TAZKERA) or Passport, provided that their originality has been verified.
Same fees and procedures as above applies.